Here we are…the last day of my blog for 2016. I believe in the importance of the weird, the silly, and the light-hearted. Sometimes we take things too seriously, and need to remember to have fun and explore creativity.
Though this album may have been highly influenced by recreational drugs, it still embodies those mentioned above. The Beatles were able to give themselves an alter ego to experiment and try something new.
What I learned from experimenting and trying something new this year:
- Writing a meaningful entry every day of the week is very hard.
- It creates interesting conversations
- It provides a platform for developing new ideas
- You have to keep things fresh…or your writing starts to flat-line.
- When you’re writing starts to flat-line, you could end up repeating yourself. (see Days 60, 204, 85 & 203)
- True test of your memory bank
- There are a lot of albums I can’t stomach to listen to more than one time
- I have many accomplishments
- I really miss listening to playlists
- Grammar/spelling mistakes…I gotta work on that 🙂
I’d like to dedicate this year’s blog ( my first blog ), to all the people that have influenced me musically and creatively throughout my life. There are a lot of you out there, and I’m very thankful for that 🙂
With that comes the idea for next year! In 2017 I will be interviewing people about their musical influences. Every Monday I will have a new entry with stories, memories, expressions from one or multiple individuals. I’m looking forward to hearing how music has shaped your life!
So, if you have a story that you’d like me to share, please e-mail it to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy New Year everyone! Thank you for reading.